Sunday 1 February 2015

GB call up, Team Nathan UK, Brooks and turning 35!

The last couple of weeks have been eventful - it was confirmed and announced that I have been selected to represent GB&NI at the 2015 World and European 24H championships in Turin, Italy in April.  Hopefully it will be third time lucky, as following selection last year, the World's were cancelled twice - first the Czech Republic in June, and then Taiwan in December.   This will be my second GB vest, but just as exciting!!  I'm looking forward to running a 24H at a World Champs and will be hoping to improve on my distance.  Oh, and also looking forward to getting a whole lot of new kit - Nike have taken over from Adidas as official kit sponsors so currently waiting to get my nice new shiny kit through :)

The team lineup is:

Women: Emily Gelder, Debbie Martin-Consani, Sharon Law, Fionna Ross, Karen Hathaway, Izzy Wykes
Men: Marco Consani, Pat Robbins, Robbie Briton, Steve Hollyoak, Dan Lawson

Other exciting news.....I've been signed up to Team Nathan UK's ultra team, so will be in good company with other's including West Highland Way record holder Paul Giblin and NZ speedster Antonia Johnson.  I've already received my first box of goodies and am looking forward to trying out some of Nathan's race vests.  I've always run with UD vests in the past which I think will be a hard act to follow, but having seen some of Nathan's offerings, am excited to see how it goes.  I also don't think I'll ever run out of socks again, courtesy of Feetures :)


As well as my shiny new GB and Nathan/Feetures/Honey Stinger/Osmo goodies, I've also been fortunate to receive some support from Brooks in terms of clothing and shoes.  My shoes of choice for the last couple of years now have been the Brooks PureGrit for trail and the Brooks PureFlow for road.

Oh, and it was my birthday last week. I am now officially a vet!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment